Monday 3 October 2016

INK 2016 - SHINee~

Saturday spent the entire day in Incheon attending the Incheon K-pop Concert where SHINee performed last. In keeping with my vow to write about everything from these promotions, here we go~


Jonghyun had Blue Night on Friday night/Saturday morning and my friend wanted to go Incheon on the first bus so we had a very early morning start. I actually went to Blue Night and then ended up leaving early because I was exhausted and sick and the crowds were crazy to say Jonghyun. It was Kibum's birthday so there were heaps of shawols hanging around eating cake together which was really cute. I ate cake with my friends and eventually went home earlier than everyone else. I think I still only got a few hours sleep before we woke up at 5:30 to go take the bus.

Incheon is the next city over from Seoul technically so it took us about an hour and a half to two hours to get there. This particular concert had online ticketing for the tickets in the stands and the floor seats were reserved for foreigners because the concert was basically a tourism event. So if you had a foreign passport and pre-registered your ticket was free and you automatically get floor tickets.

I have kind of mixed feelings about this kind of ticketing. Obviously I'm foreign and have a foreign passport, so I get access to free tickets and tickets near the stage at a few random festivals a year and that's always nice, but I think sometimes it's a little unfair to have events that target foreigners like this. I can imagine how frustrating it is for Korean fans when they can't even really ticket for the floor seats. As for the event organizers, they want lots of foreign faces on camera to market the wonders of ~Hallyu~. Or as my friend put it: Look how much these foreign women love our Korean men~~

Not much to report otherwise. Got our tickets at 10 am, hung around Incheon with friends until around 5 before heading into the concert which started at 7. I can't report much on the other artists since at that point the lack of sleep was starting to catch up with me and I was super tired. Red Velvet were cute, but a few of the girls looked super exhausted. I usually enjoy BAP just because they have some catchy, high energy songs. I feel like any festival blogs I right are going to become quickly repetitive though. Ugh so long, so many artists, so many people ugh, YAY SHINee, ok done.

Originally I wrote a lot more about this but it wiped from my drafts so let's wrap up quickly.

There were two acts before SHINee that got kind of crazy cause their fan sites started crowding the stage and acting crazy. Security got pretty riled up and shooed them away and then braced themselves for SHINee's fans to act crazy and got a pleasant surprise when everyone stayed in their seats and played nicely ^.^

SHINee were in amazing moods and gave a flawless performance as always. The shabats seemed to make them really happy. We had a small crowd of about 5 shawols sitting together with shabats and when SHINee would come to our side of the stage they were being really cute and pointing at the crowd and dancing around with a lot of energy during Beautiful. Taemin was especially very energetic and cute. He was playing around with the crowd. Something about SHINee, when they're in a great mood they really glow.

I had so much written about SHINee but I lost most of it from my drafts so lets leave it at this ^.^;;;


No comments:

Post a Comment